Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:26:20 +1100
From:      Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TV tuner in Australia

On Friday, January 24, 2003, at 08:08 AM, Sue Blake wrote:

> It's nice to have that sorted out. However I still have no sound at
> all :-(
> And it's still in black and white. Any other ideas?

Make sure Fxtv is showing PAL.  In your ~/Fxtv file put;

Fxtv*inputFormat:       palbdghi

I had heaps of problems with sound as well initially but then they
magically cleared up.  Is there a cable from your TV card to the line
input of your sound card?  I also use "audio - internal".  You might
also have to fiddle with mixer settings.

Carl.