Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 23:44:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bruce Walter <walter@fortean.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone up for an exorcism?

> > 1) Sliding the jumper over to failsafe mode and inserting an SRM complient
> >    boot block diskette with the firmware update utility.  This actually
> >    loads, displays the BIOS emulation message, then sits at the blue
> >    SRM/ARC screen with no output.  Happens with both the SRM and the ARC
>
> You sure it's not just waiting for your interaction on the serial port? :-)

That was my first thought...  I went through every serial cable here, and
connected it to terminal software on several different machines.
Null-modem cables, full-handshake, yadda yadda yadda.  Nothing was coming
out of those ports.  I did find a webpage which states the pinout diagram
on the Design Guide was wrong, so I even made a cable assuming the pinouts
were right.

(Heavy Sigh)

Other than that, the board has run (blech) linux flawlessly.

- Bruce

Bruce M. Walter, Principal
NIXdesign Group Inc.

426 S. Dawson Street