Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:12:28 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Michael Reilly <michaelr@cisco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM TP 600

> Does anyone have instructions for installing 2.2.8 or 3.1 on an IBM
> ThinkPad 600?

I just installed FreeBSD 2.2.8 on my TP600E, and it worked fine.
However, I needed to make sure APM was disabled or it hangs.  I'll look
into why that is, but for now it installs.

> FreeBSD seems to have problems with the unique memory
> structure of this machine and so freezes during or shortly after boot.
> Usually there are three - four beeps before the freeze.

I am seeing that occasionally, but I don't know what's happening.  It'll
run fine for 2-3 hours, and then beep 4 times and lockup. :(

Nate