Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 1995 16:09:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Eide <johne@teleport.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gopher port for FreeBSD

I am trying to compile the gopher port for FreeBSD 2.0 available from
ftp.cdrom.com. I have the copy that is in /pub/FreeBSD/ports/net/gopher.
Anyway, when I 'make all' it extracts the distfiles just fine, but I get
a message that says:
>>no directory for gmake, skipping.
And then after it applies the patches, it exits with error 1, saying:
gmake: not found

If it makes any difference, I am using FreeBSD 2.0-RELEASE, and I
have already 'make clean all install' /usr/src/share/mk,
/usr/src/usr.bin/which, and /usr/src/usr.bin/sed with those availeble from
ftp.cdrom.com/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current as of 2-20-95.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John Eide
johne@teleport.com
Portland, Oregon