Date:      Wed, 29 May 1996 16:05:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        "Peter A. Schwenk" <pschwenk@crooow.wcupa.edu>
Cc:        "'Brandon Gillespie'" <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: panic in FreeBSD-STABLE kernel..

On Wed, 29 May 1996, Peter A. Schwenk wrote:
> I would think that since the 6x86 is a Pentium-class CPU, it
> probably masquerades as one.  You removed i586_CPU from the
> config file.  Did you try putting it back in?

Linux IDs the 6x86 as a 486.  My roommate has one and added the 6x86 probe
routines to Linux.  Cyrix has all the doc online, in HTML and PS.

Have a good one.

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|