Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 00:43:10 -0400
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>
To:        clefevre@citeweb.net
Cc:        Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3dfx driver for freebsd

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

If this is the driver that has been up there for awhile, I was told
by the author it didn't work. I used some of his code, namely for the
ioctls. The author actually contacted me and wanted to know about this.
His driver was written for an older version of FreeBSD and wasn't
newbussified at all. He also hadn't been able to get the mmap stuff
working on account of 3dfx's mistake in writing glide. I fixed all of
these problems in my release, and it works great, so far as I have been
told.

Cyrille Lefevre had the audacity to say:
> Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net> writes:
>=20
> > Here's the address of the 3dfx device driver I wrote for freebsd:
> > http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu/~cokane/
> >=20
> > Please test it some more and give me feedback. Could someone please ema=
il me
> > with information on submitting this to the CVS commit team?
>=20
> did you register it at the BSD Driver Database ?
>=20
> http://www.posi.net/freebsd/drivers/=20
>=20
> is it the same as http://www.posi.net/freebsd/drivers/driver-info.phtml?I=