Date:      Tue, 09 Jul 1996 12:57:24 +0200
From:      Sergei Barbarash <sgt@zaraza.bofh.org.il>
To:        MR REGGIE H KNAPP <FKHT36A@prodigy.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot manager

--==!Exmh_1134065604P

> On Sun, 7 Jul 1996, MR REGGIE H KNAPP wrote:
>
> > I have Windows 95 installed and it is using nearly all of drive C.  I
> > have a new drive that is at present unknow to Windows.  I intend to
> > use this drive for FreeBSD and perhaps other OSes.  I assume I need
> > to get the Boot Manager on to the beginning of drive C, but intend to
> > tell the FreeBSD install program to use only the second (drive D)
> > disk.  Will the boot manager be placed on drive C automatically?
> >

> That depends. What you should do (I remember it once worked for me but
> I'm not absolutly sure...) is to tell the BSD installation to use both
> disks, but don't change any partition information on the first disk.
> After you leave the partition editor, you'll be presented with the boot
> manager option for each disk separately. You can then have it istalled on
> the first disk as well.

Or even simpler - get the booteasy package from ftp://ftp.freebsd.com/pub/FreeB
SD/2.1.0-RELEASE/tools/dist/bteasy17.zip and install it on your Windoze
partition (it installs the same boot manager FreeBSD uses, only it's a DOS
program).

Have fun,
Sergei Barbarash <sgt@netmedia.net.il>  WWW: http://www.netmedia.net.il/sgt/
NetMedia International, System Administrator & Programmer ==================
Office: +972-2-795860; Home: +972-2-664779 =================================

--==!Exmh_1134065604P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3ia

iQEVAwUBMeI7EPU11OVh4P5FAQExlAf/WMNT/QO63tXOSyfqCwCqbD+EegptV0wl
wpQauuaSE+xVI4RqHEaUCNHY0wvKWYT3fby8CPFU1vUtMYQcP5GMUOpbm2Kbwe2P
0A3/FlaU72iZYTc7pJSBmks4aJx4bTfDNUYgx8epfkn0mJnsrknt8VUsZT6wLNfM
T8GUwoNXm1H2CmpzckFUa0HEkynkyuL1DVrqID2nTtlvY8xjw5PeMvfClzSoBW3i
zs1UVwgICca3h9xLQTv3ATr8pdYxbGItQEhRIoO5okMDnwhXNjKGFDPKF5SJCjEZ
YLCxajnS3dkNgjCG+hU26UTEbbNyvyALLbsusAQ8eiznvmQGON7Zag==
=xRY7
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==!Exmh_1134065604P--