Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:51:09 +0100
From:      Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
To:        Helge Oldach <freebsd-isdn@oldach.net>
Cc:        Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>, xfire@xware.cx, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DoV patch

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 09:44:35PM +0100, Helge Oldach wrote:

> Seriously: A pitfall might be that voice could possibly be compressed on
> the long distance, in which case transmitting data of course won't work.

Precisely the headache I would develop if I hung off one of the affected
Telcos. Fortunately, while the Deutsche Telekom may be strange in lots of
other ways, it doesn't charge more for data (actually, all major and a couple
minor ISPs get discount prices for the end-user connections so that Internet
actually is cheaper than a local call).

Regards,
	Ignatios