Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:34:03 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Mark Gordon <hmgordon@fastmail.fm>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Where to edit the /usr/local/bin/javavm script

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 01:46:21PM -0500, Mark Gordon wrote:
> I came across a possible solution
> (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2006-April/005212.html)to
> a problem I too was experincing. What I want to know is where in the
> /usr/local/bin/javavm script file do I add the jvm argument
> -XX:+UseMembar?

Don't.  That was an old hack and there is no longer any need to use it.
There is now a option config file for javavm(1) that can be used to
configure this.  There is no need for that even though, since the
latest version of the Diablo JDK doesn't have the membar problem.

So, make sure you have the latest version of Diablo.  If you do, and
you are still having problems, then please post a full problem report
so we can try and figure out what is really wrong.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org