Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2001 01:12:58 -0800
From:      "wsimpson Last Name" <wsimpson@my-deja.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mount: /dos No such file or directory

I went through a few frustrating FreeBSD install attempts. The last time everything seemingly went OK. When I booted, I got the message:

mount: /dos No such file or directory
mounting /etc/fstab filesystems failed
startup aborted

I have an MSDOS partion which I called /dos in the install. I also named other partitions (in stage 2 of install process)
/
/var
/usr
swap

I use the boot manager, and it boots into dos OK.

I had no feedback during the install that something was amiss.
Is there any way to fix this up without going through the whole long
install yet again?

Thanks very much for any help!

Bill Simpson