Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 1996 12:03:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      flavio xavier martins <fxm@engin.umich.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD installation

I just recently bought a CD-Rom version of FreeBSD2.1 and I am having
problems installing it.

I had to use the fips utility to create a freebsd partition of 120MB. I
wish to install the x-user distribution, and I have to install it from a
dos partition since my CD-Rom is unsupported. I have copied the
\dists\bin, \dists\floppies, and \dists\xf86312 to the dos partition. I
keep getting a "Failed to install root distribution" message. Do I neet
to copy more dists to my dos partition, or is the problem something else?

Thanks,

Flavio Martins
fxm@engin.umich.edu