Date:      Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:39:56 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        orlandina <orlandina@bk.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with FreeBSD

orlandina wrote:

>Hello freebsd-questions,
>
>  I have one problem with system. Always after rebooting it says that
>  file systems was uncorrectly unmounted and i have no way to recovery
>  system without reinstallation. Can you help with solving this
>  problem? May be problem is in compatibility with processor (Athlon
>  850)?

Most likely you have some rather bunged up
hard disk partition(s).

Please find a man page (on the web if FBSD
refuses to boot due to bad unmounts) and
check up on "fsck".

You will probably have to boot into "single
user" mode, using a dumbed down version
of /bin/sh (well, not dumbed down, really, but
it won't be able to find squat, cause your
other partitions won't be available, and therefore
neither will your $PATH environment variable)
and issue fsck commands followed by mount
commands using the full pathname to recover
from whatever has happened.... power failure,
perhaps?  Or as I said, bad HDD???

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey