Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 21:07:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christian Carstensen <cc@devcon.net>
To:        <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   background fsck panics?

hi,

after some weeks without softupdates, i recently reenabled them on my
notebook. it seems, that my problems still exist. background checking
one of my partitions leads to a panic() complaining about  some "block
too large" error. sorry, i didn't capture the message, and for obvious
reasons i don't like reproducing that condition.
it might be useful to know, that fsck checks all other partitions without
problems. moreover, that one partition that causes the problem, contains
a ".fsck_snapshot" entry:

slot 5 ino 0 reclen 444: regular, `.fsck_snapshot'

any ideas?

best,
  christian

--
"Sorry, no defects found. Please try a different search"
                          [http://www.cisco.com/support/bugtools/bugtool.shtml]