Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 10:28:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   InetLoad -- What it is, where to get it.

Many people sent mail asking me what inetload was, so here's a brief
blurb.

Inetload is a MS NT package (dont' think it works under '95) that lets you
simulate various quantities of users using various network services.

You can simulate NNTP, SMTP, POP3, HTTP, and others, although my primary
concern is those 3.

It has a very simplified scripting language that you use to simulate your
workload, then you kick it loose and let it do it's thing.

I've used it to simulate hundreds of users doing mail, pop, nntp, and it
works slick.  (Use of inetload has been instrumental in killing my 3.0/SMP
boxes recently :)).

You can get it from http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload

then it's in the server/utilities section.

Something like this needs to be written for FreeBSD. :)