Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 11:21:09 -0800
From:      rick@sybase.com (Rick Marx)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        rick.marx@worldnet.att.net
Subject:   Very Impressed with Sysinstall and XFree86 Setup changes

I wanted to send my congratulations to the entire FreeBSD core team and their
associates for the wonderful improvements found in the 2.1.6 sysinstall and
XFree86 setup facilities.  I have been using FreeBSD Unix for a couple of
years now and have found it to be a very stable and complete Unix environment.

I have recently reinstalled FreeBSD 2.1.6 on my PC at home and have configured
my system to function as a complete Unix, X-window networked machine.  I have
been able to setup my FreeBSD system to recognize my laser printer.  I can
run my complete OpenLook Window Manager environment.  I have connected up to
my ISP with PPP very easily and can run Netscape and Mosaic much more
efficiently than under DOS/WFW 3.11.  I have also been able to setup PPP
connectivity to my employer and run my complete Openwindows environment under
FreeBSD Unix.

This is the environment of choice for me when I need access to the Internet
or dial-in capability to work.  I happily await the next version of FreeBSD.

				Thanks,

				Rick Marx
				Manager, Systems Administration
				Sybase, Inc.