Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 1995 00:47:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph McDonald <joe@smartlink.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   multiple IP's and more.

Hi,

FreeBSD is running great with multiple IP's, however it exhibits strange
behavior:  I can't traceroute to the "aliased" IP number, but I can ping
it fine.  Has anyone else seen this or have an explanation?  The IP of
the machine is 204.118.4.x, while the aliased IP's are 204.118.57.x

Also, does anyone have any pointers to getting "ports" to work?  I've
found the /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk, made the /usr/ports directory, but I
keep getting a:

 make: don't know how to make do-fetch. Stop

when doing a make -f bsd.port.mk fetch

Basically I'd like to try the emacs "port" vs the emacs "package"

To all those who worked on FreeBSD: Thanks and keep it up!

-joe