Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:24:47 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Subject:   Re: this spam

Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org> types:
> On 11/25/01 11:16 PM, Stephen Hovey sat at the `puter and typed:
> >=20
> > My two cents as a network admin who is kinda sick of this topic from a
> > daily issue of it in my work..
> >=20
> > Use a mail program that doesnt make deleting a message, read or otherwise,
> > an act of gymnastics..
> >=20
> > Accept that if you do anything other that mail your mom, and she NEVER
> > sends you and e-greeting, etc., that you will get spam...
> >=20
> > Never do business with a spammer..=20
> >=20
> > Press delete, and get over it..  Its just spam..
>
> <RANT>
> All good points, but that doesn't  address the point that spammers are
> unscrupulous  individuals <etc>.

Quite correct.

The proper response to SPAM is not to hit delete and forget it; it's
to hit complain and forget it. If the mail agent you're using doesn't
make complaining about spam painless, find one that does.

Personally, I use vm and vm-complain.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.