Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 16:43:51 -0500
From:      Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   egcs port and -aout flag

I don't know how important this is but I wanted to point it out before
the 3.2 release.

After the import of egcs into CURRENT, several changes were made to
the egcs port as well, to keep it somewhat in sync. For example, the
egcs port was taught about the '-fformat-extensions' flag. However, the
egcs port does not know about the '-aout' flag and possibly some other
changes that were made to the base egcs in CURRENT. Having egcs use the
'-aout' flag is important for those wanting to build the XFree86 port
with aout compatibility libraries using egcs as their compiler. I guess
the main reason for wanting the aout libraries is to run netscape.

Thanks.
--
Glenn Johnson
Technician