Date:      10 Apr 2001 17:24:39 -0700
From:      psglenn@uswestmail.net
To:        richw@webcom.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Silo overflows

------------=_986948679-12375-0

Hi.
  Back on March 13 I recieved a response from Gerd Knops [gerti@bitart.com]
{thank you by the way}

  where he said ;

>>Usually a sign that flow control was not enabled try

>>  stty -f /dev/cuaia1 crtscts
>>  stty -f /dev/cuala1 crtscts

>>before using the modem that might help.

I am using a US Robotics 56k sportster on /dev/cuaa1.
I am running user ppp.
I am running XFree86-4.0.3 because I have a 32meg 128 Rage pro card that
needed 4.x for support.

I was using ncftp3 to download but now I prefer lftp
from a console terminal.

I've been getting only a few silo overflows (about six) since I last posted
about this problem.
The flow control may have been the issue as I've downloaded 1.98TB since then.
Three iso images.
I'd like to change to  kernel ppp with ipnat and ipfilter to see if that makes
a difference.

This has been an intermittant problem and I've just benn watching to see
  if I can make it repeat but so far I've not had any strings of hundreds
  of silo overflows wether I set flow control or not.

Anyway thank you, and I'll report more as I discover said.

		Perry S Glenn.