Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:20:31 -0700
From:      "Alex M" <alex@myzona.net>
To:        "Peter Pentchev" <roam@ringlet.net>, "=?windows-1251?B?zejq7uvg6SDK7u3k8OD47uI=?=" <nick@intero.ru>
Cc:        <dirk@FreeBSD.ORG>, <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3

Hello all,

seeing this subject is up, couldnt resist telling u my problem,
i was trying to get JSP working on apache, i have got jserv and tomcat up
and running with apache 1.3.20, but someone told me i need mod_jk in order
for jsp to work, thou i assume its the same as jserv. Anyways, after
configuring httpd.conf for mod_jk modules, apache doesnt start with a
following error in http-error.log:
could not load workers file.
I suppose its the workers.properties file that is being invoked from
mod_jk.conf file.

I have checked all these files but nothing helped me to get apache running
with mod_jk intact.

Yesterday i have installed GNUJSP, didnt quite work well too, i did all the
steps in pkg-message. I am gonna work on it more to get it working.

Regards,

Alex M.

> > Hello, Dirk!
> >
> > Sorry for disturbing you...
> >
> > I still can't understand is mod_jk supported on Apache versions prior to
1.3.20...
> > Your package, that i've download from ftp.freebsd.org requires 1.3.20...
is there reason for that?...