Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 20:52:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Michael Haro <mharo@area51.fremont.ca.us>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony VAIO C1 Picturebook

I'm talking about the C1 in comparison to the 505.  The screen
is fine with me.  I just can't figure out how to install
FreeBSD on it, since I can't boot floppies (usb floppy is
not yet supported).  A parallel port usb is supported and I
could connect to another machine that way, but I still can't
boot install floppies.

And FBSDBOOT.EXE is according to -current messages (if I
can summarize to the best of what I can gather from the slew
of messages) not usable with elf.  I could, I suppose, try
an old (say, 3.1) cd and try to use install.bat and/or
FBSDBOOT.exe.  Otherwise, I don't know.  Try to boot an
image from the hard drive while in Win98?

	Annelise

The C1 PictureBook is C1/X; the Japanese version is
C1/R.  A C1/S is now available in Japan and has a 6.4Gb
hard drive and improvements in the photo stuff. (The
PictureBook has a built-in camera; screen is 8.9"
wide and 1024x480, anyway it looks okay to me.)