Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:57:17 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Alexey N. Dokuchaev" <danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Colour manpages

Alexey N. Dokuchaev wrote:

> Say I want to change the man colors when I read mans at the console.  More
> precisely, I don't like that underlined text shows up as reversed (black
> letter on while(grey,7) backround).  How (and where) do I need to say that
> I want, say, yellow on black instead of reversed when displaying
> underlined-supposed-to-be text.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is a function of your pager, rather than the "man" program, I
believe. Searching more's manpage for "colou?r" shows nothing, and less'
manpage says the --color option is for MS-DOS only. If you're using
another pager, check it's documentation, if you're currently using
more or less you may have to find another pager (or write something
yourself).

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and