Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 18:28:03 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Dennis Oszuscik <denniso@iscni.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Makeing a boot floppy.img

At 3:41 PM -0500 6/5/96, Dennis Oszuscik wrote:
>The boot floppy.img that comes with the CD will not see my ether
>card. the address it looks at is 280 and I have an old ne2000
>with an address of 320. How can I make a boot floppy that I
>can use to see my ether and load from the CD.

When your existing boot floppy boots, at the Boot Easy prompt type "kernel
-c" to configure the loaded kernel. Then browse around and give ed0 the
correct I/O address and other particulars. This will only last thru the
installation. First boot after installing you have to do it again but won't
have to do it ever again unless you recompile the kernel. But if you
recompile you can change it in the compile.

--
David Kelly N4HHE,   n4hhe@amsat.org,    dkelly@hiwaay.net
                - Thomas Edison