Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2003 22:55:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kan Cai <kcai@cs.ubc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ad-hoc wireless mode and ticks

Hi, All:

  Feel a little confused with the ad-hoc mode set by "wicontrol -p 3", is
it Lucent ad-hoc mode instead of the standard IEEE ad-hoc mode (IBSS).

  After I use "-p 3" option, it cannot talk to Linux/Windows ad-hoc
wireless station. But if I set it to "-p 4", it can do the job. However, I
cannot find this option in wicontrol man page or anywhere. Could somebody
explain me what's going on here?

  Moreover, could somebody give me a hint what is the corresponding
function in FreeBSD like "rdtscl" function in Linux, which returns me the
cpu ticks elapsed?

Thanks a lot,
Ken