Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 04:12:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        mharnois@cpinternet.com, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: mergemaster and /etc/pam.d

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 04-Jan-02 Michael D. Harnois wrote:
> > mergemaster does not pick up changes to the /etc/pam.d directory. Is
> > this a feature?
>
> I don't think pam.d is installed right now by default.  Once it is turned on by
> default I think mergemaster will DTRT.

	John's right. By design, mm only knows about things installed by
/usr/src/etc/Makefile. That makes it flexible over time and much easier to
keep up to date.

Doug
--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?