Date:      Mon, 25 Jul 2016 09:20:43 +0200
From:      Marko =?UTF-8?B?Q3VwYcSH?= <marko.cupac@mimar.rs>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 11.0-BETA2 Now Available

On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 08:06:30 +0100
Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 25/07/2016 07:36, Marko Cupa=C4=87 wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 19:25:23 +0000
> > Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >  =20
> >> Note to freebsd-update(8) consumers: An EN for earlier FreeBSD
> >> releases is required before upgrading to 11.0-BETA2 will work
> >> properly, so it is advised to wait until the ENs are published
> >> before attempting an upgrade via freebsd-update(8). =20
> >=20
> > How can us, poor freebsd-update consumers, find information about
> > what "EN" is?
> >=20
> > Thank you in advance,
> >  =20
>=20
> 'EN' means 'Errata Notice' -- it's a fix to something other than a
> security vulnerability that is applied to a release branch.  Errata
> Notices are publicised similarly to Security Advisories -- messages on
> freebsd-announce@; links on the front page of www.freebsd.org and in
> the associated RSS feed; and ultimately listing on
> https://www.freebsd.org/security/notices.html

Matthew,

I know what Errata Notice is, but thank you for thorough explanation
anyway. I just didn't know that 'EN' is an abbreviation for 'Errata
Notice' so widely recognized that it can be used in announcements
with assumption that everyone will know what it means.

Regards,
--=20
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupa=C4=87
https://www.mimar.rs/