Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2001 04:53:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc@imach.com>
To:        David Rhodus <sdrhodus@wildcatblue.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Named Keep crashing.

Yes, and do it now.

You are being attcked.  If you were running linux you'd already have been
rooted.

What is happening is someone is trying to use a linux-specific attack for
bind and bind is exiting with an error because the linux binary that the
attacker is (successfully) trying to get you to run isn't exactly
compatible with freebsd.

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc@imach.com) AC7DE