Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 11:04:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 21" Monitor recommendations?

> I'm in the market for some 21" monitors.  I'm biased towards the
> Nanao/Eizo models (my 21" at work and my 17" at home are gorgeous), but
> the model I'm using at work is discontinued, and the replacement isn't
> nearly as nice.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for a *real* 21" monitor that will
> handle 1600x1200@72Hz, with a decent dot-pitch?  My current monitor will
> handle 1600@1200@76Hz, and has a .25 dot-pitch, and I'd like something
> that is comparable.  I'd like to spend under $2K/monitor if possible.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Nate

Take a look at the Sony GDM-20E(?), SGI uses it now as standard monitor.
It does 1600x1200@76 (96KHz maximum). I am not sure about the dot pitch.
It has 2 inputs. Right I am using one at home with a Matrox Millenium.
It runs fine at tha resolution.

Ulf.

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-769-2936
           Alameda Networks, Inc. | http://www.Alameda.net