Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 2004 09:19:08 -0400
From:      Randall Stewart <randall@stewart.chicago.il.us>
To:        "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing T/TCP and replacing it with something simpler

Russell L. Carter wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> It is not easy to get kame up and running, and I know this because
> I have. It is beyond all ordinary production installations.

Wow.. I have never had a problem installing it.. but of
course I have worked in U**X for 20+ years... so maybe
I don't notice and am not a good example :-9

> And as Craig notes it's not possible[1] in the 5* line
> yet.  Maybe Randall would like to chip in on whether BSD SCTP
> is ready for prime time in FreeBSD.  But do not underestimate
> the gains this protocol provides for fault tolerant
> server applications.

The 5* port is on my radar... as I just posted in my
cross post). The 4* is ready for prime time IMO, I do
have a few bugs that need addressing (I will get to
them next week I hope ...sigh)