Date:      Sun, 08 May 2011 16:02:31 +0200
From:      Bartosz Stec <bartosz.stec@it4pro.pl>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Panic during kernel booting on HP Proliant DL180G6 and latest STABLE

Hi list!

I moved my 8-STABLE system from cheap AMD64 machine to Proliant DL180G6
(full ZFS send -> receive) yesterday.
Operation was succesfull, system booted and everything worked fine.
Still, I wanted to perform full world + kernel rebuild with updated
sources and CPUTYPE (core2 instead of athlon64) and removed unused NIC
drivers from kernel.

New kernel panicked during boot. I rebuilt kernel again, without any
CPUTYPE in make.conf, but panic was still there. Old kernel (built at
8.04.2011) is booting fine.
First panic line says:

    panic: m_getzone: m_getjcl: invalid cluster type.

I made a por quality photo of screen with stack backtrace and it's
available here: http://www.picamatic.com/view/7544359_IMAG0029/

Now the funny thing:

Igb driver is compiled into the kernel. If I add igb driver to
loader.conf kernel complains of course:

    module_register: module pci/igb already exists!
    Module pci/igb failed to register: 17

but there's no panic!

When I remove 'if_igb_load="YES"' from loader.conf, I experience panic
visible above.

Kernel config: http://pastebin.com/G7K0vfuJ

--
Bartosz Stec