Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:30:38 -0500
From:      Andrew Y Ng <ayn@AndrewNg.com>
To:        Matt Smith <matt@forsetti.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VHDL / Verilog

--MfFXiAuoTsnnDAfZ

we use linux tools from Synosys here, on RH servers/simfarm, I have not tri=
ed
to run them on FreeBSD with linux compat personally, coz setting up the
license and stuff gets anonying and I let the sysadmins worry about that...
and RH is the only thing supported here (except a few sun boxes for other
stuff that I don't do)...

anyway, the tools *should* run on freebsd with linux compatability.

a quick search on the ports found this also:
/usr/ports/cad/iverilog

u could give that a try...

/ayn

On  0, Matt Smith <matt@forsetti.com> wrote:
> Does anyone out there do any VLSI design on FreeBSD, using VHDL or
> Verilog, or some other tools?  At the moment, I own a Xilinx chip + XESS
> protoboard, and am looking for a complete solution to design and
> implementation.  The Windows tools provided by Xilinx are great, except
> that they only run on Windows.
> Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
> Thanks,
> -Matt
> --=20
> Matt Smith <matt@forsetti.com>