Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:29:23 -0400
From:      Tremayne Smith <tre@hicksequipment.com>
To:        Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRCD?

Sorry for the lack of info.

    I am running FreeBSD 4.0, Apache 1.3.12, and php4.  I'd like to host a
chat room locally.  I've tried phpIRC and the IRC port. The phpIRC gives me a
connection failed error, but that's off topic.  The IRC port installs with no
errors, but when I goto /usr/sbin to start the daemon, nothing happens.
    I'm not sure if this is enough info, that is why I'd appreciate any
literature or tutorial or advice which may help me from ground zero.  Once
again the overall goal is to be able to host a chat, allowing users to
communicate in real time.  Thanks again.