Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2000 15:13:48 -0400
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'll be rolling a 4.1.1 release on September 25th

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 12:04:39PM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> > There is a direct correlation between the Submitter being ignored by
> > the Assigned To and the Submitter ignoring the Assigned To.
>
> And that doesn't repeal the laws of physics, Bill, even though one may
> sincerely wish for that ability as they hurtle towards the ground
> without a parachute.
>
> > I don't blame the contributor community for being a little more
> > then pissed recently for having PRs with full explanations,
>
> This isn't an issue of who's pissed or not since that's more or less a
> constant factor - somebody will always be pissed at somebody for
> something in this project.  The issue here is procedure and whether it
> works or not, it's all we have until/unless somebody proposes and
> causes to be instituted a more effective one.

Right.

This entire thread has us both agreeing on the fact that the existing
system doesn't work, and we both have little to offer in the way of
working systems short of chaining committers to workstations feeding them
bread and water and someone cracking a whip[1].

Moving on...

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                billf@chimesnet.com / billf@FreeBSD.org

1. We do however have some committer expertise on this subject.