Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 14:18:54 -0500
From:      David Huff <david@ti.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.0 for Dummies ?

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 11:39:30AM -0400, Jim Mock wrote:

> You're making this much more difficult than it needs to be.  All you
> have to do is install the X 4 port:
>
>    # cd /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4
>    # make install distclean

OK, my understanding is that the stuff in the ports tree is a "skeleton" as
it were. When I actually try to do a "make install" it pulls all the files
it needs from some location (presumably a CDROM or ftp site).

My only ftp access is thru a proxy server (got an ISDN connection to my
company). Does this process comprehend using a proxy server/port no. to
make ftp connections ?

Thanks,
--
    _