Date:      Wed, 03 Jul 2002 01:50:35 -0500
From:      "F. Even" <freebsdlists@elitists.org>
To:        <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Low-volume list

No...as has been suggested, take it to "chat" or "questions" or anyplace
else.  This is getting rather old.  You in particular keep regurgitating the
same crap that has been covered time and again.

I don't object to the workarounds, etc. either being discussed...but can we
leave it at that?!  Your tirades about what you believe to be ethical or not
belong on a different list.  Nobody cares.  We want straight security info
and ways to deal w/ the problems at hand, and I would say about 50% of the
list in the last couple of weeks has been anything but that (including this
very reply).  TAKE IT TO ANOTHER LIST NOW and let us get back ON TOPIC
already!!!!!

(...and now Brett's reply will be something along the lines of "this is
on-topic, Theo was of course right, and the FreeBSD team is most unethical,
and it is not my fault that I can't comprehend some of the straight-forward
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...and now I need to post about 10 other
messages to this...but hopefully I will eventually realize it is futile and
there are other people that might actually have a point for once, and maybe
I can just once suck it up and realize I am in the wrong here and allow the
list to be put back on topic and take the discussion which it being in and
of itself a large discussion makes it off-topic, to a list that is more
appropriate for a discussion).  ENOUGH already.  Get ON TOPIC!

Rare posting posted by,
Frank