Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 09:20:23 +0300
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Gataje <gataje@usa.net>
Cc:        support@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: install problems

Gataje wrote:

> I got all of the install files for the most recent release of FreeeBSD, and
> put them on a partition on my hard drive.  The install got to 100%, but
> then gave me an error message, and stopped.  I have tried to push F2 @ the
> BootManager, but it gave me a floppy-similar boot message, then told me it
> couldn't find "/kernel".  I tried "//bin/csh", but it said start address
> was too low.  Could you help me here please?

Your installation didn't complete successfuly. What was the error
message that it gave you? You may want to start the installation over,
after first deleting the old partition that it created. Watch out for
the error and write down what it was (if it happens again). It's hard to
help you without that info.

> --
> Gataje
>
> *** So, why is my nick Gataje?