Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 09:52:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian D. Moffet" <brianm@moffetimages.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   multi-nics in FreeBSD 3.3 Release

Of course some one knows this, but does FreeBSD support 2 NICS?
I have a 3com 3c905 and a 3com 3c509 in my box, but no matter how I adjust the
configuration file, I cannot get the 509 to be recognized.  I could put
the Ne2000 clone in there instead, but the 509 is a better card.

Also, does the sio driver support PCI sio boards?  The 3com / US Robotics
56K faxmodem is an sio card with a modem on the other side, so that the
computer should be able to talk to it as a 16550.  Though the IO address may
be a bit strange (in the 0x4000 or 0xa000 range).  I guess this boils down
to 2 questions, IO space as well as PCI interrupts.

And as soon as I find out more information, I plan on modifying pciconf
to be able to parse more of the PCI BIOS information instead of just
the vendor and card IDs, unless someone has already done so.  Where should
I send the changes?

Thanks
Brian Moffet