Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 1996 10:22:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      kline@tera.com (Gary Kline)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mktemp()

Sorry if this was discussed weeks or months ago, but I just stumbled
onto this.

The libc call mktemp() (along with strtok() and strsep(), by the way)
causes a coredump when I use it with gcc.  This from v 2.0.5.

On the Suns at work, strtok and strsep both bomb with gcc v2.3.3
and both work with the standard Sun CC.

At first I thought I was having hallucinations... given that BSD has
been around for so long.  But nope.  gdb tells me where mktemp()
bombs, but not why.

Before I dig into this more deeply, can anybody shed any light on this?

gary kline