Date:      Wed, 03 Sep 1997 10:56:06 -0400
From:      "John P. Reddy" <jreddy@lightning.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fatal double fault

I have a system that keeps giving "Fatal double faults" after having an
uptime of a few hours.  The system freezes , and I get the message:

Fatal double fault:
eip = 0x171c6
esp = 0xefbfcc48
ebp = 0xefbfcc74
panic:double fault

syncing disks . . .

System stats are:
Cyrix 6x86L PR200+
128 MB Ram
1 IDE hard drive (root)
3 Seagate Cheetahs striped together using ccd

Running:
Diablo (The news feed management program)

My only guess is that having a Cyrix chip in the same box as the 3 Cheetahs
is overheating the chip, but I can't tell for certain.  The case is a full
tower with extra fans blowing through it.  Help me, please! :)

--
My public PGP key may be found at http://www.lightning.net/~jreddy
John Patrick Reddy                        Sr. System Administrator