Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 1996 10:28:06 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: does phkmalloc check bounds?

> Without having looked at phkmalloc - where is it hidden in the
> source tree BTW - I wonder if it does bounds checking, that is
src/lib/libc/stdlib/malloc.c

> allocate a bit more on every malloc, initialize the extra bytes
> with a magic pattern and see if it is invalidated next time
> an alloc routine is entered.

No presently not.

If you want to add this, make it an option you enable with the
MALLOC_OPTIONS, and we can merge it into the mainline code...

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.