Date:      Sat, 04 Nov 1995 02:39:52 +0000
From:      Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
To:        jdl@chromatic.com
Cc:        Robert Gorichanaz <wraith@hollywood.cinenet.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuring sendmail

Jon Loeliger wrote in message ID
<199511040124.TAA14353@chrome.jdl.com>:
> Apparently, Robert Gorichanaz scribbled:
> > Part 2: Here's where it gets tricky.  I need to change the From: lines
> > and Return Path: lines from

> > 		user@internal-machine-name.domain-name.com
> > 		user@domain-name.com

> > This is easy, isn't it?

> At least *one* way (not necessarily the best) to do this is to
> change the "masquerade" value in /etc/sendmail.cf:

>     # who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading)
           ^^^

Oh well. Won't work for re-writing OTHER machines addresses...  The
simplest way would be to change the DM values on all the internal
boxes :-)

>     DMdomain-name.com

> Rude and crude, just edit the /etc/sendmail.cf file straight up.
> Do it right, um, cd to somewhere and something, but only after
> reading the ORA sendmail book and sacrificing at least *four*
> Zen Masters.

Yeah. Hacking sendmail.cf re-writing rules is NOT nice. I've done it
on a couple of occasions. The ORA sendmail book is ESSENTIAL reading
if you want to go that way.

Gary