Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 04:03:32 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Udo Schweigert <ust@cert.siemens.de>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: ssh and scp fail connecting to a root account

> On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Udo Schweigert wrote:
>
> > The strange: both commands succeed if connecting to a non-root account.
> >
> > Are there any others with these problems? Any clues?
>
> run sshd -d on the server, ssh -d on the client, and send me the output

Hmm, I've been seeing this problem too.  I ran sshd -p 1234 -d and it
worked ok.  I then killed the running sshd and started sshd -d and it
worked too.  I then ran sshd.... and it worked.

I'll look into this some more when I can reboot the machine :-/

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>