Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:29:33 -0800
From:      Gabriel Rocha <grocha@geeksimplex.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux emulation and Opera

--NGIwU0kFl1Z1A3An

I have been following stable very often (about a buildworld per day
since 4.4 came out) on my laptop and recently (about 3 weeks ago) I
started having serious problems with Opera (it is the only linux
emulated program I use, other than netscape, but I haven't used
netscape much lately and this problem has never happened there) and
and it crashes often now, not just crashing and dying, but it takes
down the whole machine, X freezes, the function keys on the laptop
(ibm thinkpad t20) still work, but the kernel seems to be totally
unresponsive (apm functions that work when the machine isnt "frozen"
dont work at all, sometimes i can get a little keyboard response,
but only one or two keypresses an hour or so later (tested with caps
lock) I know the linux support in the kernal has had revisions
lately, it used to use a 2.2 kernel, now it reports itself as a 2.4
kernel. I wish I knew more about debugging things like this to
provide more info, I would happily provide more info if someone told
me what info they need. I know this is rota vague, but has anyone
else seen problems with linux emulation lately? --Gabe

--NGIwU0kFl1Z1A3An

--NGIwU0kFl1Z1A3An--