Date:      27 Feb 2003 06:48:15 +0100
From:      Jukka Simila <home@jukkis.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: burncd problem with NEC NR-7500A CD burner in DAO mode

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 07:32, Willie Viljoen wrote:
> To get atapicam, you will need all of these (atleast) in your kernel
> configuration file:
>
> device		ata
> device		atapicd
> device		atapicam
>
> device		scbus
> device		pass
> device		cd

Somewhat related problem here:
I've got LiteOn ATAPI Cd burner, and I'm using atapicam+xcdroast, which
works quite well, but occasionally the pc reboots when starting to write
disc. As far as I've understood, atapicam doesn't work well with
atapicd, so I should have only device 'cd0' instead of 'cd0' and 'acd0'.

The problem is, there seems to be no way of playing audio discs with
atapicam devices - so I'm stuck with keeping acd0 and having occasional
reboots.

Does someone have a workaround, how could I play my audio discs without
atapicd?