Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:09:02 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Archive pruning

> > I'd like to add that it can be particularly important when legal
> > questions arise.
>
> You confuse the argument for SOME complete repositories with
> the necessity that ALL (or at each most) repositories be so extensive.

No-one needs to grab a repository, unless they're looking at history.
Just use CVSup to grab the latest bits, no need to grab the entire
history.

Users have the choice to take it all, since trying to build a 'pruned
repository' is alot of work (due to the way CVS does it's thing), so the
all/nothing solution we have now should be good enough for 90% of the
users, which is a pretty good solution considering the volunteer
organization.

Nate