Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 2002 05:01:18 -0600
From:      Mike Makonnen <makonnen@pacbell.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   rc.d boot scripts are ready

Ok folks,

I have our current rc.* scripts ported to the NetBSD framework.
Preliminary testing says it's good to go, so consider this an official
call for testers. Gordon has indicated he is ready to start committing
it soon. I ask that people start testing it out before he does so. That
will enable me to get any remaining bugs fixed before it hits the tree.

Once you download and follow the directions at:
http://home.pacbell.net/makonnen/rcng.html
you can enable it by including rc_ng="YES" in your /etc/rc.conf.

If you experience any breakage please let me know so I can fix it.
I'd appreciate it if people with the appropriate setups especially test
the following:
ATM
ipfilter
amd

Any comments, constructive criticism  welcome.

Cheers,
Mike Makonnen