Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:56:29 -0400
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cross build

Apparently, On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 03:06:53PM +0900,
	Hidetoshi Shimokawa said words to the effect of;

> Is cross compile for sparc64 binaries on FreeBSD-4 i386 supported?
>
> I could do it a weeks ago but now I failed with the following error.
>
> TARGET_ARCH=sparc64 make -j2 buildworld

How old is your 4.x box?  You may have to upgrade to a recent -stable to
cross build.  There's been some dispute about what versions of 4.x cross
builds are to be supported on, and I think recently certain commits which
made it possible to cross build on older versions of 4.x were backed out.

If it doesn't work with top of tree -stable I suggest email ru@.

Thanks,
Jake