Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 16:35:28 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        schinagl@avl.co.at (Hermann Schinagl)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please Help Me Understand dlopen()]

> You forgot that the symbols, which are exported by the lib are
> totally different, if you rename a .c file to .cpp and compile
> it again. ==> C++ exported symbols
>
> Well, it is easy to add '_' before the symbol, but the function-arguments
> of a C++ exported function are append encoded to the symbolname.
> eg.: '__func027_dfiv'
>
> So writing a wrapper is not that straight forward as mentioned
> above. You should also think of the C++ exporting mechanism.

How do you return a non-NULL pointer with argument type information
for symbol space munging, per C++?

We all know that the name is not the correct place to mung the
symbol, but for some reason, we are married to stupid linkers
and less-than-clevel object file symbol table formats.  8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.