Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 2014 13:56:31 +0100
From:      "A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven" <freebsd@skysmurf.nl>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Update of security/gnupg fails because of conflict with security/dirmngr

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

Yuri wrote:

> =3D=3D=3D>   Registering installation for gnupg-2.1.0_1 as automatic
> pkg-static: gnupg-2.1.0_1 conflicts with dirmngr-1.1.0_12 (installs=20
> files into the same place).  Problematic file: /usr/local/bin/dirmngr

Yes, that sort of thing seems to be happening a lot lately. I found out
that it often helps if you temporarily uninstall the offending port, then
install the other one and finally reinstall the uninstalled one. Or in
your case:
1. delete dirmngr (remember if it takes anything else with it!)
2. install gnupg;
3. reinstall dirmngr again (as well as anything that got deleted with it).

Hope that helps.

However, considering that this sort of thing occurs commonly these days, I
suspect there must be something wrong in the ports infrastructure. What I
also find somewhat mindboggling is how ports are built, staged and
packaged entirely, only THEN to discover there's a conflict. Couldn't that
have been detected way earlier?

AvW

--=20
Imbibo, ergo sum.