Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 17:16:27 +0200
From:      Arnout Boer <arnout@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   SO 5.1 and SMP under stable!?

 I like to play with an office Suite under FreeBSD
 but SO doens't work onder an SMP stable kernel...

 StarOffice is ok..
 It does crash frequently while playing with 'new things' but
 I like it.... A Free Office package on BSD is a plus!

 But can anybody tell me why it doesn't work ok a SMP kernel...
 I would like to play with it on my dual P200 instead of
 only one proc...

 Is there any change SMP changes will be ported to stable
 that make this work... Probably threags stuff....
 I Think it's about problems with PosixThread vs SMP!?

 Btw.. I'm running STABLE 3.3 RC
 Single proc now because of SO :-(

 Greetz,

 Arnout

 p.s. If patches will be ported to stable I'll love to test them!